Negotiations are a common part of everyday life and you probably already have certain strategies that you use to get your way. Whether you are making plans with friends, convincing your kids to go to bed, or setting deadlines with your boss every negotiation consists of seven fundamental elements:
- Interests: The Motivations Behind Every Negotiation
- Options: Determining What’s Possible
- BATNA: Best Alternative to A Negotiated Agreement
- Legitimacy: Using The Right Criteria
- Communication: Sending The Right Messages
- Relationship: Maintaining A Human Touch
- Commitment: Getting The Deal Done
Learning to consciously think about these elements will allow you to better navigate everyday life. You can learn the elements of negotiation by signing up for our free email series.
In just one week you will learn how to understand each party’s interests, generate options to maximize value, leverage standards and alternatives as power, maintain productive relationships, and effectively communicate your intended messages.
We provide preparation questions at the end of every section so you can incorporate them into your everyday negotiations.
Enter your email below to sign up: